There, I said it!
I've been hesitant to go places and do things (especially anything new and unfamiliar) because of this "fear." This "fear" that can't be named, or at least can't be shared publicly.
But this "fear" has been pretty well controlled these last few months. I've even gotten used to flying back and forth between Seattle and Fresno. It's no big deal, and I don't freak out. (But I still take the lorazepam just to ensure a nice flight-time nap!) And another biggie, I drove (by myself) the 2 hour drive to Sacramento to pick up Rach from the airport. This is something that used to freak me the hell out, and this time I actually enjoyed myself! I mixed a few CDs, and just rocked out.
I think these little successes have really boosted my self-confidence, and my eyes have been opened to do things that I wouldn't have otherwise considered.
Here are a few...
1) Go somewhere for spring break! This March is my very last spring break, and I'd actually like to do something for once! Hawaii? Mexico? LA? Who knows!

2) Get a tattoo. Ever since Gloria passed away, I've been toying with the idea of getting a tattoo. Maybe "Glow" in a pretty script.

3) Really OWN my faith. I want to profess my believe in God without fear or trepidation. I'm not going to worry about fitting into the perfect "Catholic" category, but I'm going to embrace my personal relationship with Him.

Those are the first few that come to mind. I'm sure there will be many more to come! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment