The beauty of embracing my own personal relationship with Jesus is that I can worship him however I want to! I can still pray the rosary and for the intersession of saints. And I can go to a place where others like me just want to praise God and live out His mission. I have found a new church to try out, called the Eastlake Community Church. My friend McKinley goes there and raves about it! From the Eastlake Community Church website:
Now, I can’t speak for this church because I haven’t been there yet. But what I hear from the website and my friends who go there, it sounds like just the place for me.EastLake Church is all about, all because of, and all for, Jesus. It’s not about
buildings with baristas, bowling alleys or bookstores. We want to embody the
church Jesus had in mind and he never saw church as a place to go, but as a
people striving to encounter God... not a religious institution, but a movement
of love and hope. We’re all about doing life together in community, taking our
first steps and our next steps, sharing our possessions, praying for and serving
one another and our broader community. Like the first century church, we gather
together for large group celebration on the weekend, and then meet in smaller
groups during the week to connect in relationship and grow spiritually.We believe the Church is at its best when it serves, sacrifices, and loves… caring
about the things God cares about. Like Jesus, we will stand for those who cannot
stand up for themselves. This is why we continue to raise up new leaders who
take teams from EastLake on local and global mission work; both bringing good
news and being good news. We were created to live for something larger than
ourselves, and God invites everyone everywhere into this way of life. We believe
it is the best possible way to live.
It hurts that you are disappointed in me and do not approve of my choices. But the great thing is, I don’t answer to you. I answer to God. No one on this earth can judge me and my actions. (“Do not judge, lest you too be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” Matthew 7:1-2)
All I want to do is dedicate my life to helping and serving others. Just because I don’t call myself a “Catholic” doesn’t mean that I’m going to hell, or that I’m any less spiritual than you or others like you. Maybe it even means that I’m more so, because I love unconditionally as Jesus did. The blind, the lame, the heterosexual, the homosexual, pro-choicers and pro-lifers. We are all one people. (“So in everything, do to others as you would have them to do you.” Matthew 7:12; “But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. You will be repaid at the resurrection of the just.” Luke 14:13-14)
I love God. I can’t wait to further my relationship with Him. I’m taking the steps to ensure a lifelong love affair with our Lord, and no one is going to make me feel guilty for not aligning myself with one religion or another. It’s not about religion, or labels. It’s about relationship with Christ.
You can live your life however you want. If you’re happy with the way your life is going, then great! I support you in whatever makes you happy. I’ll continue to pray for a conversion of heart for you, so one day you will be able to see faith the way it really is…without the lens of religion and the politics that come with it.
I’ll end with a quote from my girl Natalie Grant, upon the release of her “Love Revolution” album.
I’m jumping in head first and joining the love revolution. I pray that you will, too!My prayer is that we return to the simplicity of the message. Jesus said, “Love
me. Love others. And think about others more than you think about yourself.”I know I’ve complicated it a long the way. And I know I’ve gotten in the
way. My dreams, my plans, my agendas, my hopes….somehow they would always make their way to center stage. But I’m ready to revolutionize that part of my life.
Are you? I’m ready to love out loud. I’m daring to be more than what this
culture tells me. I’m daring to be all that God’s made me. Are you? The Bible in
Colossians 3:12 says to clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility,
gentleness and patience. You want to be a trend-setting fashion statement? Start
being kind for no reason. Show compassion. Be patient. I promise you people will
notice. And it just might be contagious. Don’t wait for a love revolution. BE
the love revolution. It’s not about religion. It’s about relationship. The kind
of relationship that changes everything.Love God. Love people. That’s it.
Today’s your day. Start a love revolution.
Natalie
Love and prayers,
Stephanie
No comments:
Post a Comment