My love is not a man, but a neighborhood. The first neighborhood of my new plan to explore new parts of Seattle every weekend:
Queen Anne
Upper Queen Anne, to be exact. From the Queen Anne View:
Named Seattle's best neighborhood by Seattle Magazine two years in a row, Queen Anne is a beautiful, family-friendly community. On Seattle's second-tallest hill, Upper Queen Anne features sprawling homes with sweeping views and charming shops along a peaceful, tree-lined avenue.
Today, I drove up the steep hill that is Upper Queen Anne and decided to park myself at a popular coffee shop. After asking my favorite local foodie Karen (@nwfoodette on twitter) about where to go, I decided on the original Caffe Ladro.

I asked the barista what was good there, and she recommended their signature drink: the Medici. It's a mocha with orange zest. Yum!

It was a small but super cute little hangout. I read a magazine and worked on a side project.

I was really diggin' the vibe of this neighborhood.
I've decided to incorporate something else into this weekly exploration series: training for the 3-Day! I'll get out and walk around these new places and get to know my city while getting back in shape!
Tomorrow, I'll put on my walking shoes and hit the pavement back up on Upper Queen Anne! So excited to further explore this beautiful little neighborhood!
nice blog... cool story :)
ReplyDeletekindly visit back my blog and click ads for support. http://driveology.blogspot.com